OWR began with a list of principles to develop the organization until the Founding Convention, which was held in late June, 2017. You can find those principles below, or download them here.
A copy of the approved bylaws is available to organizational and chapter members for viewing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization Principles of Our Wisconsin Revolution
- OWR is committed to the progressive-democratic political revolution sparked by the Bernie Sanders campaign and its own People’s Platform for action.
- OWR will reclaim and revive democracy in Wisconsin from the local grassroots on up, with issue campaigns, candidates, ballot measures, and active citizen representation.
- OWR believes in a people’s economy and representative government that works for all of us.
- OWR endorses candidates who put people before corporate profit, pledge to represent all of us equally, protect and strengthen public service and voter rights, and stand up for future generations.
- OWR is committed to taking any peaceful action to advance its aims.
- OWR demonstrates open democracy, is governed by its members, and is politically independent of any party.
- By committing to these principles, I become a voting member of OWR. Tell your friends, neighbors, and family. It may take thousands of conversations to turn this tide. If we stand together, there is nothing we cannot accomplish.